Tuesday, July 23, 2013

Baby Boy Gift

A sweet friend of mine had her baby last week.  They decorated his room in a Western Theme and I started playing around with my Cricut.  I used "Old West" cartridge and this is what happened;
She and her hubby are both Texas A&M grads and "Howdy" has special meaning for Aggies.  All items in the frame are cut from "Old West" except the Texas shape ("50 States") and Nash ("Noah's ABC Animals").
The frame is from Hobby Lobby and was exactly what I had in mind.

I had made a baby card when I first heard that they were expecting a boy, but it wasn't in the Western theme, so I got to work doing another one.
The background is embossed using the Tim Holtz Woodgrain folder.  "Welcome Baby" is from a Cuttlebug Embossing Combo of the same name.  The cute little cowboy was from The Angel Company "Wild West" rubber stamp as was the "Cowboy Up" (from a different TAC set).  He is colored using Copic markers.

These will go in the mail tomorrow to Leander, Texas.

1 comment:

  1. Love your projects, especially the little cowboy! Great stuff!

    ReplyDelete