Thursday, February 3, 2011

Some Valentine Cards for Guys!

One of the most difficult things for me to work on are cards for guys!  Now, make that a Valentine Card for a guy.  These are inspired by my son-in-law and Chinese New Year which was yesterday.  The Cricut
Cartridge used was Pagoda and it was cut on the Cricut Imagine.  The Black base is from The Angel Company (V215 for 8 1/2 x 12 or V246 for 12 x 12).  Layered over it was soft red from my stash that I embossed with a Cuttlebug embossing folder with Cherry Blossoms.  The base of the tag is gold metallic cardstock (from a local paper supplier, but it is like Stampin' Up's) and the upper portion of the tag is using Aspire Petallics Beargrass which is a beautiful Pearl White.  I used the Cricut Imagine More cartridge to cut and color the white pearl cardstock with a distressed red.  The black Scrapper's Floss on the tag and card is from The Angel Company F-912.  The Happy Valentine's Day is from My Sentiment's Exactly and it stamped on the gold cardstock with Palette Ink Noir.  The card is an A6 (4 x 6) size.

 This card is an A2 size (4.25 x 5.5) and is essentially the same except it does not have the Scrapper's Floss accents.
I was able to fit 8 of the gold tag bottoms and 8 of the tag tops onto an 8 1/2 x 11 sheet of cardstock.  I made 3 of the larger cards and 3 of the smaller ones.  That left two of the tags left.  I made them into actual tags by layering them onto black cardstock tags cut from the Tags, Bags, Boxes and More cartridge.  I cut this on my Cricut Expression.  I added a Black Extra Large Eyelet from We R Memory Keepers using my Crop-a-dile from The Angel Company (K-100).  The black tulle ties are from my stash.
If you are interested, these cards are for sale.  The A6 for $5 and the A2 for $4.  Please email me and I will get them out to you.

No comments:

Post a Comment